Tensions continue to build in America based upon skin color. However it’s very clear from God’s Word that such tensions are not His plan and design. This shows the depravity of man at work. That brings up some questions: Is there hope? What should be the response of the church in such a time as this?
Pastor Curtis McMiller has been the pastor of Heritage Baptist Church in Kenosha, Wisconsin, for 20 years. A passionate soul winner, he is speaker on the radio program Answer the Call which airs on our local station. He returned for more commentary that began with his Crosstalk appearance on April 5th when he discussed those variables affecting the black community such as the black entertainment industry, the Democrat Party, black liberal preachers and black activists.
This broadcast expanded on that discussion by also looking at the following:
- The shooting of Daunte Wright in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota.
- A ‘tweet’ from Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib who says the shooting of Wright wasn’t an accident.
- Is the shooting of Wright more evidence of systemic racism or are there those who are exploiting this incident for other purposes?
- Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of Black Lives Matter, is being called out as a fraud for purchasing an expensive home in a predominantly white, secluded area of California.
- A school has delayed a vote to adopt an evergreen tree as its mascot because some fear that it is racist and reminiscent of lynching.
These are just issues from the first quarter hour that were covered. There’s much more to hear, including the Bible’s answer to the items discussed, as well as input from listeners nationwide.
Heritage Baptist Church
2313 17th Ave.