According to a recent report on LifeNews.com, the World Health Organization tells us that every minute, 139 babies in the world die of abortion. Think about that. 139 babies die every minute. These remain nameless statistics. But they are more than that. They are people who could have been named David or John or Anne or Ken. Why are we not declaring an international emergency on this issue in the same way we have with the Wuhan virus?
The U.S. is closing in on some 63 million abortions since a majority of justices in black robes issued an opinion in 1973 that taking the life of an innocent baby in the womb was constitutional. According to actions he took, our previous president, Donald Trump, was the most pro-life president our nation has seen. However, as the last 100 days have proven, the Biden Administration has gained notoriety as the most pro-abortion administration in the entire history of the U.S.
Joining Jim to look at the president’s record on life during his first 100 days in office was Brad Mattes. Brad is the president of Life Issues Institute, the pro-life grassroots partner of the Susan B. Anthony List Education Fund. Life Issues Institute was founded in 1991 to serve the educational needs of the pro-life movement. Brad is the host of Life Issues, a daily radio commentary.
Jim began by noting how we’ve swung from the most pro-life president to the most pro-abortion president. Brad responded by reminding listeners that when we enter the voting booth, sometimes we have a choice between good and evil. That’s what voters were faced with in the November election concerning their presidential choices.
So after 100 days in office, what has the president done that’s placed him at odds with so many Americans on the issue of life?
- He repealed the Global Protect Life Rule known to many as the Mexico City Policy. It protected nearly 9 billion in tax dollars from being used to promote or provide abortions around the globe.
- He also reversed the same thing domestically by funding abortions through Title X.
- Out of a 2 trillion dollar COVID spending bill, only 9% of it actually went to COVID relief. Under this bill, Biden championed the largest expansion of taxpayer funded abortions since Obamacare.
- He resumed funding of experimentation using the dissected body parts of unborn babies.
- He abandoned critical FDA protections for women who take the chemical abortion pill.
- He engaged in a scheme of packing the U.S. Supreme Court while also working to eliminate the Senate filibuster.
Discussion also included pro-life news out of New Jersey, Texas, Idaho, Oklahoma, Montana, the latest on the Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, the courts, conscience protections for doctors, the views of callers, and much more.