Life is not a dress rehearsal. It’s the real thing. God gives us one opportunity to go through this life, so in spiritual matters we need to make sure we’re acting like it’s the real thing because it is.
But in other matters, it may be good time management to go through a dress rehearsal before the real thing. Here’s six examples from author Don Aslett:
1. If you buy a video camera make sure you know how to use it before the bride walks down the aisle.
2. See if everything fits in the suitcase before the airport shuttle arrives.
3. If you have spare keys made, try them out before you need them.
4. Try new recipes on your family before your important guests.
5. Taste it yourself before you serve it.
6. Don’t assume anything you’ve had in the shop to be fixed IS fixed until you try it out and see.
Remember, dress rehearsals can prevent problems and redeem the time.
Rick Grubbs is best known as the host of “Redeeming the Time,” a one-minute radio program featured on hundreds of radio outlets around the world. He has spoken thousands of times on Biblical time management in all 50 states and 26 other countries. He is the author of the book “Morning Momentum: God’s plan for launching an unstoppable day”. He and his wife Carrie live in Salisbury NC with several of their 12 children.