Air Date: February 28, 2013
Host: Vic Eliason
Vic discussed several current events that should be of concern to American citizens, and to people of faith. Among them:
- The historic resignation of Pope Benedict which went into effect today
- The annual Government Accounting Office audit of United States’ finances concludes that unless there are policy changes, the current fiscal path is unsustainable, and will result in the collapse of the dollar.
- Several government agencies—including the Social Security Administration— are reported to be purchasing millions of round of ammunition.
- Military exercises—often unannounced—which are so realistic they frighten citizens and generate 911 calls that activate local emergency responders
- Statements by conservative talk show hosts that show concern that the government may be preparing for expected civil unrest should there be a total collapse of the economy
- The Obama administration’s release of hundreds, or even thousands, of illegal alien criminals from detention centers, ostensibly because of expected budget cuts should the “sequester” go into effect—an act some charge is an impeachable offense
- And now just before the “sequester” is due to take place, the Obama administration admits that the results will not be nearly as serious as has been threatened in recent days by the same administration.
Listener calls on these and other topics filled most of the program.
Also announced was a new email alert system, called the “VCY America iNetwork” Emergency Alert Information Newsletter. Subscribers will receive occasional email alerts, but no commercial mailings, and the list will never be shared with any other entity. Users can subscribe or unsubscribe at any time.
To sign up for the “VCY America iNetwork”, go to vcyamerica.org and fill in the form on the right side of the page with first and last name, and email address.