It was reported today that over 2 million refugees have fled Ukraine with about 1.2 million in Poland. Today a children’s hospital was bombed and the death toll continues to rise for both Ukrainians and Russians.
It’s difficult to make any sense out of this. Is this just happening by accident or is it possible that what’s taking place has some connection to Bible prophecy?
Joining Jim to look at that question was Dr. Richard Schmidt. Dr. Schmidt is the pastor of Union Grove Baptist Church and also heads Prophecy Focus Ministries. He is speaker on the WVCY-TV program Prophecy Focus.
When speaking of Bible prophecy, scriptures such as Matthew 24 & 25, Luke 21 and Mark 13 speak to signs that will be taking place literally during the tribulation. Revelation 6-16 is where those signs are also mentioned referring to the 7 year tribulation period. This means that what we’re seeing now, as the late scholar Jimmy DeYoung used to say, is setting the stage for Bible prophecy to be fulfilled.
This is a fast-paced, information-packed program that includes information concerning the following:
- Ezekiel 38—What is meant by Gog and Magog, Persia and Ethiopia?
- Is the idea of a new world order a conspiracy or is there biblical precedent for it?
- Do things like rising worldwide oil prices, inflation and talk of replacing the dollar as the standard of currency for the world point to an economic collapse and a “mark” (Revelation 13)?
- How is Syria involved in the Bible’s prophetic plan?
- What are we to make of the drying up of the Tigris and Euphrates rivers and where does that place China on the prophetic calendar?
This is just a sample of what you’ll hear on this broadcast which includes questions and comments from listeners as well.