As we continue our hour of prayer, we are entering a new segment on the clock – intercession!
- Praise: Can we pray one hour?
- Praise: Growing our praise time
- Praise: Praising God for Creation
- Praise: Praising God our Father
- Praise: Praising God our King
- Waiting: Waiting on the Lord
- Waiting: Waiting on His Timing
- Waiting: Waiting on His Will
- Waiting: Waiting on His Peace
- Waiting: Waiting on His Authority
- Confession: Returning to Effective Prayer
- Confession: Confession brings Mercy
- Confession: Self-Interrogation
- Confession: Sins against Others
- Confession: Psalm 51
- Scripture: Praying Scripture Prayers
- Scripture: Why & How
- Scripture: Claiming Authority
- Scripture: Praying Scripture Promises
- Scripture: Praying like David
- Watching: Jesus calls us to watch
- Watching: Robert Murray M’Cheyne
- Watching: Watching for Wisdom
- Watching: The Watch of the LORD
- Watching: The Watchman on the Wall
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1 Timothy 2:1-2
Interestingly Paul tells the young preacher Timothy, to begin by praying for rulers. In America we have elected officials – and while many people at church enjoy complaining about the president or the governor or the mayor, there are many more elected officials we have to pray for. Today’s PEP is a good one to bookmark to re-acquaint you with the people who can affect your life.
Federal Executive: The President, Vice President and the Cabinet – a total of 24 officials who have regulatory power to affect your life.
Federal Legislative: Although there are 435 congressmen, and 100 senators, only three of them are directly in line of representation to you.
Federal Judicial: Yes we know about the 9 members of the Supreme Court, but there are also 179 federal Appellate judges in 12 districts. Not to mention 673 federal district judges (find your local judge).
Before we cover more of the elected officials – check out the helpful website from Public Servants’ Prayer – they can connect you to your state and federal elected officials.
Many states provide a system to show you all of your elected officials – such as Wisconsin’s MyVote.WI.gov . It’s amazing how many people at the federal, state, county, municipal, and school board levels represent us (and can tax us!). However, take some time today to pray for those in authority over us!