We’re on day 4 of our look at prayer by meditation, and today we’ll look at how we can meditate with Timothy!
 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
1 Timothy 4
Paul is instructing young Timothy to be an example (v.12), be diligent (v.13), be focused (v. 14), and be meditating! (v.15).
Meditate on what? v.13 shows that we need to meditate on the reading, exhortation, and doctrine – of the Word of God! Just like the Psalmist and Isaac, we can mediate, ruminate, and chew upon the Word of God. But how do we know our thoughts are going the right direction? Is not the heart deceitful (Jeremiah 17:9)?
James 1:5 reminds us to ask of God for wisdom! Proverbs 2:6 reminds us that God gives us wisdom. By seeking wisdom from God we can find it (Proverbs 8:17). Take time to pray and seek wisdom from God to guide your meditation on His Word!
- Praise: Can we pray one hour?
- Praise: Growing our praise time
- Praise: Praising God for Creation
- Praise: Praising God our Father
- Praise: Praising God our King
- Waiting: Waiting on the Lord
- Waiting: Waiting on His Timing
- Waiting: Waiting on His Will
- Waiting: Waiting on His Peace
- Waiting: Waiting on His Authority
- Confession: Returning to Effective Prayer
- Confession: Confession brings Mercy
- Confession: Self-Interrogation
- Confession: Sins against Others
- Confession: Psalm 51
- Scripture: Praying Scripture Prayers
- Scripture: Why & How
- Scripture: Claiming Authority
- Scripture: Praying Scripture Promises
- Scripture: Praying like David
- Watching: Jesus calls us to watch
- Watching: Robert Murray M’Cheyne
- Watching: Watching for Wisdom
- Watching: The Watch of the LORD
- Watching: The Watchman on the Wall
- Intercession: Praying for Government Officials
- Intercession: Praying for Others
- Intercession: Brethren, Pray for us
- Intercession: Praying for Enemies
- Intercession: Praying for the Persecuted
- Petition: The Prerequisite for Personal Prayer Requests
- Petition: The Answer to Worry
- Petition: Petition for Wisdom
- Petition: What about the Doldrums?
- Petition: Put off and put on
- Thanksgiving: For People
- Thanksgiving: For Events
- Thanksgiving: For His Loyalty
- Thanksgiving: For Deliverance
- Thanksgiving: Abundant, Free, yet Expected
- Singing: From Revelation
- Singing: With Deborah
- Singing: With David
- Singing: With Jehoshaphat
- Singing: With Habakkuk