We’re on the “25th” minute of the hour of prayer as we look at what it means to watch.
- Praise: Can we pray one hour?
- Praise: Growing our praise time
- Praise: Praising God for Creation
- Praise: Praising God our Father
- Praise: Praising God our King
- Waiting: Waiting on the Lord
- Waiting: Waiting on His Timing
- Waiting: Waiting on His Will
- Waiting: Waiting on His Peace
- Waiting: Waiting on His Authority
- Confession: Returning to Effective Prayer
- Confession: Confession brings Mercy
- Confession: Self-Interrogation
- Confession: Sins against Others
- Confession: Psalm 51
- Scripture: Praying Scripture Prayers
- Scripture: Why & How
- Scripture: Claiming Authority
- Scripture: Praying Scripture Promises
- Scripture: Praying like David
- Watching: Jesus calls us to watch
- Watching: Robert Murray M’Cheyne
- Watching: Watching for Wisdom
- Watching: The Watch of the LORD
- Watching: The Watchman on the Wall
- Intercession: Praying for Government Officials
- Intercession: Praying for Others
- Intercession: Brethren, Pray for us
- Intercession: Praying for Enemies
- Intercession: Praying for the Persecuted
- Petition: The Prerequisite for Personal Prayer Requests
- Petition: The Answer to Worry
- Petition: Petition for Wisdom
- Petition: What about the Doldrums?
- Petition: Put off and put on
- Thanksgiving: For People
- Thanksgiving: For Events
- Thanksgiving: For His Loyalty
- Thanksgiving: For Deliverance
- Thanksgiving: Abundant, Free, yet Expected
- Singing: From Revelation
- Singing: With Deborah
- Singing: With David
- Singing: With Jehoshaphat
- Singing: With Habakkuk
- Meditate: With Joshua
- Meditate: With the Psalmist
- Meditate: With Isaac
- Meditate: With Timothy
- Meditate: With Psalm 119
Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
Ezekiel talks about the watchman and his duties. Again this is not a “security monitor” – this is a security guard. Perhaps you’ve seen this TV commercial:
God doesn’t want us to be passive – He wants us to be an active warning to our community. Let’s take time to ask God how we can watch – and pass on the warning that we are given!
 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me.
 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.
 Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.